Effective Date: 5/31/2018
At Zen Quiz we take the protection of customer data extremely seriously. This Security Policy describes the organizational and technical measures we implement designed to prevent unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure of customer data.
Our infrastructure and security team include people who’ve played lead roles in designing, building, and operating highly secure Internet facing systems at companies ranging from startups to large public companies.
Incident Response Plan
- We have implemented a formal procedure for security events and have educated all our staff on our policies.
- When security events are detected they are escalated to our emergency alias, teams are paged, notified and assembled to rapidly address the event.
- After a security event is fixed we write up a post-mortem analysis.
- The analysis is reviewed in person, distributed across the company and includes action items that will make the detection and prevention of a similar event easier in the future.
- Zen Quiz will promptly notify you in writing upon verification of a security breach of the Zen Quiz services that affects your data. Notification will describe the breach and the status of Zen Quiz’s investigation.
Build Process Automation
- We have functioning, frequently used automation in place so that we can safely and reliably rollout changes to both our application and site within minutes.
- We typically deploy code dozens of times a day, so we have high confidence that we can get a security fix out quickly when required.
- All of our services and data are hosted in Hetzner facilities in Germany and Finland, protected by Het security
- Hetzner data center electrical power systems are designed to be redundant and maintainable without impact to continuous operations, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. In most cases, a primary as well as an alternate power source, each with equal capacity, is provided for critical infrastructure components in the data center.
- Zen Quiz services have been built with disaster recovery in mind.
- All of our infrastructure is spread across Hetzner data centers (availability zones) and will continue to work should any one of those data centers fail unexpectedly.
- All of our servers are within internal network using network access control lists (ACL’s) that prevent unauthorized requests.
- Zen Quiz uses a backup solution for datastores that contain customer data. Backup archives are stored using strong encryption.
- All customer data is stored in Germany.
- We do not have individual datastores for each customer. However strict privacy controls exist in our application code that are designed to ensure data privacy and to prevent one customer from accessing another customer’s data (i.e., logical separation). We have many unit and integration tests in place to ensure these privacy controls work as expected. These tests are run every time our codebase is updated and even one single test failing will prevent new code being shipped to production.
- Each Zen Quiz system used to process customer data is adequately configured and pathed using commercially-reasonable methods according to industry-recognized system-hardening standards.
- Zen Quiz engages certain processors to process customer data. These processors are listed at Third Parties, as may be updated by Zen Quiz from time to time.
Our API and application endpoints are TLS/SSL only and score an "A" rating on SSL Labs' tests, which means adequate commercial security. Zen Quiz servers support ephemeral elliptic curve cryptographic key exchange signed with RSA and ECDSA. These perfect forward secrecy (PFS) methods help protect traffic and minimize the impact of a compromised key, or a cryptographic breakthrough.
- Zen Quiz is served 100% over https.
- There are no corporate resources or additional privileges from being on Zen Quiz’s network.
Permissions and Admin Controls
- Zen Quiz enables permission levels to be set for any employees with access to Zen Quiz.
- Permissions and access can be set to include settings, user data, or the ability to send/edit manual messages and auto messages.
- Managing your own user account within the Zen Quiz services.
- Compliance with End-User License Agreement with Zen Quiz, including with respect to compliance with laws.
- Promptly notifying Zen Quiz if you suspect possible suspicious activities that could negatively impact security of the Zen Quiz services or your account.
- You may not perform any security penetration tests or security assessment activities without the express advance written consent of Zen Quiz.
If you have any queries in relation to this notice, please use our Contact form